Sunday 19 June 2011

Maxidrom Love


Here's my latest video edit for you of Moscow's Whole Lotta Love. The first concert since the Glam Nation era, there is a strong contrasting shift in the visual presentation. There are still residual traces of glam in the glittery trousers but the look is austere. Adorned with plenty of chains in a plain black T-shirt against the backdrop of industrial-looking rigging, Adam is suitably dressed for a rock festival in an airfield and I love it. In this video, I wanted to build on the visuals by giving it a bleak minimalist feel. I sometimes wish Adam would appreciate more the beauty of pale skin instead of piling on the bronzer. In the close-ups, you can see his face is tear-streaked and this is due to vodka spillage from over-enthusiastically knocking it back earlier on in the set.



This 'woman' WLL has a different feel to most of the previous versions, edging towards those from the AI tour but a little less full-on and with a trippy instrumental break. There's plenty of attitude in this, with disdainful snarls and gurning jaw as Adam rocks out with his commanding presence. It's a less sexual performance than those from GN, though you'll still find thrusts, grabs and tongue action in there. I'm guessing he's erring on the side of caution in playing to a rock crowd who aren't all hardcore fans... yet. The break is ghostly and is inhabited by sinister sounds as he punctuates it with feral howls and moans. They sound like primal mating calls, both frightening and irresistibly luring and I can't help but watch his expressions. Vocally he nails it throughout, at one point wailing and sounding so much like a guitar I have to double-check. His voice is so powerful and resonant, with the big notes here among my favourite ever, especially that 'Lo-ooooooooove' which rings with so much clarity and the bit of added vibrato is just perfect. He finishes with a jump and a whoop at the end. That's exactly how I feel after watching him too.

DOWNLOAD Whole Lotta Love mp3 - 6.74MB
DOWNLOAD Whole Lotta Love iPod compatible mp4 - 39.37MB
DOWNLOAD Whole Lotta Love HD mp4 - 176.17MB

16 comments:

  1. I am amazed at how stunning he looks and such a superstar stage presence and stage command. He must have gained more fans and follower after this performance. He is every bit of a rock star on that stage. HE IS MY ROCK GOD!!!!!!!!!indigo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam is amazing and you did an amazing job on that video. You have mad skills :) Thanks a billion!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bow before you, lambosessed. You are absolutely superb as is the subject of this video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gracias Lam!!, desde Argentina apreciamos tu trabajo y dedicaciĆ²n por Adam y por los fans, MWAAA :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Outstanding performance and gorgeous and artistic video edit!! Thanks so much. I love it! @MarCurtis

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are the bomb, bb, as usual! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once again, I LOVED your video, the split-screen views and also your commentary! He's certainly not just a 'pop star' ..... he's our ROCK GOD!!
    Thank you so much for this amazing remembrance of his memorable performance! You're the best! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for leaving me such great comments! I'm really happy you like the results and glad to be helping you enjoy our rock god's performance just that little bit more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, AlohaPF from twitter here. Great job. Thank you.. I couldn't find a version I liked, but this one is perfect. It's now on my ipod.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Incredible. Million thanks, Lambosessed.

    Tatiana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there, just commenting to say I love your blog, it's really cool, mark :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. amaziiing! ** i like ur blog! fantastic! if you like going from mine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, you do great work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. AlohaPF, Tatiana, Mark, El, Anonymous, Thank you for the great comments! They'll certainly help give me encouragement when I feel sick of doing videos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The mp3 version isn't downloading anymore, could you fix it?

    ReplyDelete