Thursday 30 July 2009

Adam is in the Building - Memphis


There still aren't any full-length captures of some of the performances, but here's what we've got so far:



Speculation before this leg of the tour concerned whether, in addition to channelling him though his hips and snarling lips, Adam would give a special nod to Elvis. That question was answered with his hair. It had been a long time since he last sang 'Woman' WLL and I was starting to think that he'd ditched it, but it was resurrected in a high-octane performance. I wasn't too keen on some of his improvised notes, jumping around a lot and thought his final note could have done with a little fine tuning. There isn't really enough footage on Starlight to comment as for some reason it seems to be the least captured. There's no good audio of MW at the moment either and only a partial Slow Ride. His voice during the Bowie medley seemed to sound less smooth than usual. I'm quite amazed that he sang through the krumping chest pumps and managed to keep his voice fairly steady. From looking at the video, he struggled a bit with a couple of the highest notes at the end and refrained from reaching and sustaining them. I think it sounded like he had a momentary frog in his throat. I'm not concerned about his voice as he knows how to look after it. As this was the last date on a run of four consecutive days of shows, there was some welcome rest afterwards, for him and for us obsessives.

3 comments:

  1. adam lambert is always look lovely- a good singer and down to earth person. his voice is very unusal-very soothing and nice. also;
    he eeds rest lots of sleep-take vits every day(energy vits.from gnc nutrition store.
    eat properly more veggies;fruits. shakes and fish and chciken. less meat.
    fattenign foods is bad for his skin. water and fist oil-good for his skin twice a day one morning and one at night. soften his skin fish oil also good for the heart.
    aveeno lotion soften his skin plus fade away soem freckles.(get that from walmart;
    his food organic get that from traders joe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo BlogWriter...I don't know your name, or how to find it, but I just wanted to let you know that I visit your blog every day and I love reading your analysis and commentary of all things Adam. Your observations are fascinatng. It must be much more time-consuming than you ever anticipated...but, if you can, please continue! Thank you so much for all your hard work--it is appreciated!!! Signed, a fellow human who loves Adam madly (someone who is not normally a rabid fan of anyone). xoxo dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous, I don't think you need worry too much about his ability to take care of himself, although he does bring out the mothering instinct in people!

    dawnhark, thanks for reading as I know it takes time to go through all the obsessings I've written. I haven't actually gone back to reading my old posts but it might be interesting for me to see how this obsession had progressed. Yes, when I started I had no idea it would take over my life! I'm going to try to tear myself away from the videos for a while so I can sit down and write some more. This is also my first attack of fandom and it's intriguing.

    ReplyDelete